When the soul lies down in the grass, the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
each other doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi

Monday, November 8, 2010

Running

Since I've returned from my thru - hike of the SHT, I've been hiking and running in the woods, on the trails, in my back yard which goes on, and on, and on . . . .

These are some of my latest thoughts.


Running by M'Larky

Running;
faster and faster.

The taste of freedom
on the tip of my tongue.

Where cool wind meets sweat,
like lost lovers' kisses upon my skin.

It's hard to say;

where you leave off . . .

And I begin.




(E)merging by M'Larky

The primordial language,
ancient and universal,
is Nature.

It is written in stone,
upon the land

Within a spider's web
 in each grain of sand.
It is in the wind,
In the birds song
The configuration of twigs.

It is in the stars, in the sun;
It is everywhere; it is everyone.

The  melding of the universe
as one.



No comments:

Post a Comment