When the soul lies down in the grass, the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
each other doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi

Saturday, May 7, 2011

happiness

Someone recently informed me that they had heard me repeat
several times in the last month , my appreciation of life  .              

This resonated deep within me a bell of  clarity , ringing out . . .
 I am happy.
Truly happy.

I have wrapped my arms around my heart,
around my self . . .
and I am here to stay ~ true to this heart ~
now and forever.

I am appreciating all my experiences , all good , even the painful ones.

There is some sweet joy in having passed through
 to the other side of sorrow, that doorway to the soul .

Returning with the knowledge
of having been some place beautiful ,
some place meaningful , Taking from it , something new.

I can now see the shedding of my skin , peeling through layers of old relics,
that  are now words on a page ,
put away only to be taken out from time to time to remember
where I've been , and where I'm going .

I am appreciating this moment `
right now .

This world was made to be happy in .
I have found liberation in my own sovereign hands.


Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment