When the soul lies down in the grass, the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
each other doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spring Hike


I hiked ''my section '' of the Superior Hiking Trail today.
Jackson Lake road to Arrowhead trail .
          It was a magnificent day to be out.

How lucky  I was to find myself among new life , bursting out of the ground.
 Spring's new fledglings , for such a short time before preparing  for summer, only to be given over to fall and then  a long winters sleep ..

Fiddleheads to ferns in the blink of an eye, makes you appreciate life and the time we have.
.
 I saw Bloodroot , wild ginger , trillium , marsh marigolds , lavender butterflies.
Greens ,yellow's , white , purple's  all the  the color's of spring.
Even the moose tracks and poop ,and wolf scat . . . a sight for sore eyes.

Gotta love it ! And I REALLY do !!!!


M'Larky

No comments:

Post a Comment