When the soul lies down in the grass, the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase
each other doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring ahead



               Gazing out my window this morning ,
               I find myself longing to be ''out there''.
              In that fresh rising mud , surrounded by the remains
                     of winters black and white.

                 Thank God for the cardinal !

             Now comes forth the color , welcomed by all.
             Crisp newly born greens , sky blue sky , warm yellow sun.
             The return of green mallards beak.

              Soon to arrive , poppy reds , bachelor button blues , lavenders,
                lilac's and purple lupine.

             Let us not forget the rainbow iridescence of dragonfly.

             Oh how I do love Spring . . .
             It beckons me forth and out the door I go .


        Lark

No comments:

Post a Comment